Coach Kristy Kellogg
Kristy has a true passion for swim coaching not only as a means to swimming excellence, fitness and health but as a vehicle to develop the life-long qualities of discipline, team work and character in today's youth.
Being part of the Northern Virginia swimming scene for over a decade, some of her accomplishments have included:
- ASCA Level 2 Certified
- USA Certified Starter, Stroke & Turn
- Coach and board member of local non-profit swim club
- Head Coach for West Springfield High School Swim and Dive since 2011
- NVSL Head Coach for Fairfax Station Flyers
- NVSL Head Coach for South Run Seahawks
- "Swim & Rock" Meet Director 2009 through 2016
- Masters Swimmer completing the Great Chesapeake Bay Swim 3 times and the Round The Sound 10K open water swim 2 times as well
Dan Goldfarb is an established open water swimmer, endurance athlete and coach. He has completed the Great Chesapeake Bay Swim over 10 times, and swum multiple open water events in the Caribbean and Atlantic. He is a long time triathlete, having completed his first triathlon in 1986, and his first Ironman distance event in 2012. He swam for two years at the College of Wooster, a Division III NCAA program. While he attended University of Florida, he was a member of the UF Triathlon Club and swam with Holmes Lumber Masters Team.
Dan has taught swimming at YMCAs, for Red Cross programs, and for the Montgomery County Recreation Department. He has coached age group swimmers of all ages and specializes in teaching adult swimmers open water skills.
Dan is a civil engineer by training and has a passion for helping swimmers young and old understand and perfect the mechanics of swimming resulting in a more efficient, stronger and faster swimmer.